Wednesday, November 07, 2007

feel the slip and the grip of grace again*

God has been gracious to me these past couple of weeks.

The hurting drives me closer to Him, to seek His face. I have felt His comfort, more dear to me in the winter, than the carefree months of summer. I have seen His hand guiding me through the recent days... He has answered prayers swiftly. He is teaching me how deal with my anger. He is showing me how truly loving He can be.

I would not have chosen to walk this path, but He is leading me, carrying me.

One set of footprints.

If it had not been for this detour, I would not have experienced God's faithfulness. I have seen His loving provision. I have been brought closer to the Father, not through anything I did, but through His grace. He is holding me.

PreciousLambofGod.

And the anger is subsiding. The hurt is less than is was a few weeks ago.

God has been gracious to me.

Will you forgive, will you forget, will you live what you know? He left his rights, will you leave yours? You can't understand it, let it go. Beneath the Cross, you hear Him say, "Father forgive them" and you know, you can't understand it, let it go. ~Newsboys

*Over the Rhine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home