Sunday, February 05, 2006

a day in the life...

Work has been interesting. Mostly it is just trying to figure out how WVUH differs from HRH and getting used to the system. The actual bedside care is still the same. There are still the sweet little old patients who are just adorable & never cause any trouble. And there are still the patients that should just be handed a DNR card at the door, or the family members who need to take some xanax. That might make my life a little easier. (To all of you reading who are throwing a fit & muttering verses from the Hippocratic oath, look up sarcasm, take a xanax & continue reading).

Sarcasm aside, for there is some hint of truth in every statement, I seem to be fitting in well at work. I wear the same uniform as all the other kids, so people think I am really cool already. My mom even packs my lunch with bonus foods, so everyone wants to trade with me at lunchtime. I am so popular. My hair is in a side ponytail with lots of scruchies & I wear leg warmers over my scrubs. Everyone is green with envy.

Speaking of green, the Turtle got a new look for her wide rear end. Her plates got changed, brakes inspected, & she got taxed to live in the mountains. She is now free to roam the countryside as she pleases. She is now an official West Virginian.

How about those Steelers?! I myself cheer for another Black & Gold, but hey, I think thumb rings are cool. (See previous reference to being cool in second paragraph).

Question of utmost importance: Do you suppose each family has their own familial whistle? I know mine does. We're not talking about special whistles, that is another discussion for another time. So I was in the store the other day, and I swear to you I heard the family whistle from Almost Famous. I kept turning around to see if William Miller's mother was searching for him. The whole incident happend in a Kroger. Depending on your associations, that could be a good or a bad thing. Dejavu for me.

Maybe it's just the voices...make the voices stop please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home