Monday, April 24, 2006

this world has nothing for me

I wanted to take some time to share about my faith. For my many fans, I would hope that you already know that I am a Christian. However, just to make things clear...

I believe that Jesus has forgiven me of my sins when He died on the cross & I want to live my life to serve Him. (Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Colossians 3:13 Forgive as the Lord forgave you). By His grace and mercy alone I have been saved, not by any good deeds I have done. I am not perfect. I thank the Lord that He uses imperfect people to carry out His perfect plan. (Psalm 33:11 But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations).

This world has nothing for me. (James 4:4 don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God).

My relationship with Jesus is a work in progress. There are good days and there are bad days. There are days that I do not want to serve the Lord. I am a selfish creature. I am tempted by Satan in many ways. But my God is so much bigger than I can ever imagine. He is so much bigger than I let Him be in my heart. If I truly understood how much Jesus loved me, I would live a totally different life. Thankfully, God does not operate within the restrictions I place on Him. He does not operate according to my design.

The world will know we are Christians by our love. (Matthew 22:37-39 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it, love your neighbor as yourself.) God is love & He wants us to love Him. He loved us so much He sent His son Jesus to die on the cross for us (Mark chapters 14-16). But the story doesn't end in the grave... Jesus rose from the grave after 3 days. (1 Corinthians 15:55 Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?). Jesus has the power over Satan and death. Jesus offers His free gift of love, salvation, and eternal life to all who would believe and follow him.

But God loves us enough to give us the choice. Which side will you choose?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home