Friday, April 14, 2006

vote for me & all of your wildest dreams will come true

I decided not to go to the woods today. After yesterday, that was all I could take for an afternoon. And I also talked to my mom, who tells me about some bear in TN that killed a 6 yr old & hurt the mom & 2 yr old, too. So I stayed within the confines of not-the-forest today.

The two things that made my day: shoes & The Benchwarmers.

I found a cute pair of platforms with the ropey-siding stuff on them. Ask Kitty what they are supposed to be called. But I put them on, went soaring about 6 feet, and I (gasp) could actually walk in them! The are as comfy as girly shoes get & I love them. Kudos to shoe queens everywhere! You will be so proud.

I heart Jon Heder. He is my new hero. Ok, I love Napoleon Dynamite. But the Benchwarmers made him my nose-picking, out-field sitting, needlessly falling down forever boyfriend. When we see each other, we will run in slow motion towards each other, fall flat on our faces, crawl on our grass-stained bellies, kiss & the sun will shine & the butterflies will dance. That's always how it happens in real life.

3 Comments:

Blogger kittybrunette said...

My Dear Donna,
You are truely turning into a "babe" now. Now that you own your very own pair of espadrilles.
Ah, yes, that is the name of your ropey platform sandal of ultimate comfort!
A general shout-out on your good taste, I have trained you well, as the espadrille is not only comfy, but a classic staple of european footwear! You are uber-cool!! (Also, popular in the 1950's, when American style peaked as far as I am concerned! Give me a pair of espadrilles, some pedal pusher pants and a little halter top with a 1950's hairdo and I'll be in heaven!)
Luvs,
Jackie

7:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha-ha!

Sarah I love you, but Jon Heder is a mormon. Did you know that? hehe
You forgot to give the ending where you all have 11 kids and prepare your spaceship to Jupiter.

Would that bother you? ;)

love,
Amy

10:10 AM

 
Blogger The Lumberjack said...

Ames,

Yeah, I know he's a mormon & married. I'll just become one of his other wives, ha ha ha. Anyone who can dance the way he does in Napoleon Dynamite deserves lots of women! :o)

7:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home