Friday, May 05, 2006

one man's trash is another man's treasure

Today I immersed myself in what is a wonderful tradition here in America... the great and glorious days of garage sales! I am a lover of other people's junk. If it's free and sitting in the dumpster, that's even better. Seriously, you can find some awesome things in the trash.

It amazes me what people will put out to sell at a garage sale. Old tires, baby clothes, puzzles with missing pieces, romance books, dress shoes, baskets, lawn mowers. You name it, someone is trying to get rid of it. And I laugh when I look at how much $ they put on the price tags. Ridiculous. I'm not paying $10 for your rug covered in dog hair!

Yet I am pulled by the lure of finding some awesome junk among the piles of stuff that are going to the nearest landfill. The eternal search for something unique.

What are you searching for?

Matthew 6:20-21 "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool blog there!

11:02 AM

 
Blogger kittybrunette said...

I'm searching for another blog entry from the trusty lumberjack.
What's up big Donna? Got anything goin' down with the Pizza Boy or ANYTHING at all. Write it up!
the kitty

10:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home