Monday, February 18, 2008

Snow Globe

Tonight giant tufts of snow flurried down from the night sky, illuminated by street lamps, clumping together on my uncovered head. I laughed outloud, and in the interlude between the hospital entrance and my automobile, I was transported back to a time when I lived for a deafeningly white world.

Glimpses of my childhood are all that haunt me now. The creak of my grandmother's staircase. My Little Ponies grazing on the green carpet. My brother's broken tooth. Dandelion wishes blown away in the wind. Those days are long gone, save on rare occassions like tonight, when the world stops for a moment, and I am transported back to a time when I was invincible and carefree.

These days, my world gets shaken up a bit at times. But tonight, for once, I just paused. While the rest of the world scurried through the red-and-green traffic lights, I marveled at how the God of the universe took time to shower me with His love. Kisses telling me I am His.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home